As we approach the spooky season, put your brains to the test with our Halloween quiz. Be warned, this terrifying trivia may scare you stiff!
1) Which Shakespeare play has witchcraft at the heart of the story?
- a. Macbeth
- b. Othello
- c. A Midsummer Night’s Dream
2) What year was Mary Shelly’s novel, Frankenstein, published?
- a. 1818
- b. 1849
- c. 1903
3) Who directed the 1978 horror film, Halloween?
- a. Steven Spielberg
- b. John Carpenter
- c. Alfred Hitchcock
4) Halloween is also known as All Hallows Eve, but what is another name for Hallows?
- a. Saints
- b. Devils
- c. Spirits
5) Which game involving fruit is commonly played at Halloween?
- a. Orange juggling
- b. Bobbing for apples
- c. Grape tennis
6) Who are Dr. Peter Venkman, Dr. Raymond Stantz, and Dr. Egon Spengler better known as?
- a. The four horsemen of the apocalypse
- b. The Ghostbusters
- c. The doctors of doom
7) The fastest pumpkin carving took how long?
- a. 47 seconds
- b. 23 seconds
- c. 85 seconds
8) Werewolves also go by the name of…
- a. Mishka
- b. Akela
- c. Lycanthropes
9) When is Halloween thought to have originated?
- a. 200 years ago
- b. 2,000 years ago
- c. 1,000 years ago
10) How many species of vampire bat are there?
- a. 7
- b. 5
- c. 3
How did you do?
9 or more: A thrilling performance! You’ve definitely earned a treat and not a trick!
Between 6 or 8: A respectable knowledge of Halloween, Dracula salutes you
Between 3 and 5: Not bad, but we’ve seen zombies get better scores
Less than 3: Time to hide behind the sofa…